Virginia Peninsula Community College is committed to creating an accessible environment for students and employees, while allowing an opportunity for success, growth, and empowerment. Virginia Peninsula complies with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provides reasonable accommodations to its employees and those persons receiving services from the College who are entitled to such accommodations by law. Employees and persons receiving accommodations from the College are responsible for informing the appropriate college personnel of their disabilities that require such accommodations.
Reasonable accommodations may include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Making existing facilities accessible to, and usable by, individuals with disabilities
- Acquiring or modifying equipment, desks and devices
- Adjusting or modifying equipment, examinations, training or academic materials or policies
- Modifying academic or work schedules
- Providing other reasonable assistance required
Individuals seeking information or voicing complaints should contact the Coordinator of ADA compliance. Any complaints must be written and be noncompliance issue must be clearly identified.